Monday, May 14, 2012

Easy Shrimp Fried Rice

This is nothing spectacular, just an easy (~30 minute) shrimp fried rice recipe that I threw together the other night as a dinner for one.
All you need for this easy recipe is 1 cup rice (1/2 cup uncooked), small handful frozen mixed veggies, an egg, 1/4 cup shrimp, an oil or butter to cook the shrimp in, 1/7 clove garlic, and half a tablespoon of soy sauce. Here's what I used:


If you have leftover brown or white rice from a precious dinner it'll be a snap! Since I didn't, I made a single serving of minute rice, fluffed it, and put it in the fridge until it had lost most of its moisture (if you don't, it sort of acts as sticky rice when you try to cook with it).
To start out I cooked my shrimp in about a fork-full of coconut oil, just because it was there and I thought it'd be healthier than butter or olive oil. 
When the shrimp was cooked through, I took it out and sliced it into smaller pieces then added it back to my pot along with my cup of rice, handful of frozen veggies, and garlic and got it all cookin'. Once the rice started to change colors, I push it around the edges of the pan and make an opening to add the egg in.
Scramble the egg until mostly cooked, then slowly push the rice into the egg and stir the mixture all together. 
Once everything is mixed together, add your half tablespoon of soy sauce. 
Once the soy sauce is thoroughly mixed in, you're done! That's all there is to it! Super easy and delicious for a quick weeknight dinner. 


I loosely followed this ham fried rice recipe, so it's really easy to make this recipe yield more food! I actually seventhed the recipe since I was only cooking for myself.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment